Spring Creek Equestrian Campground
Spring Creek Equestrian Campground is in Cypress Hills Provincial Park, 20 km southeast of Medicine Hat on Hwy. 1, and 40 km south on Hwy. 41. This small campground has corrals and RV-friendly sites surrounded by meadow and open pine forest. It's a great base camp for equestrian users hoping to explore the park's many kilometers of trails on horseback.
May 13 - Oct 30
(First Come First Served)
||Rate / night
- There is no power, potable water or other services onsite.
- Pack out all of your garbage and leave your campsite clean.
- An Overnight Camping Equestrian Permit is required to stay here.
Equestrian The base fee of $20/night applies for each camping accommodation unit and includes two horses. A $7/night fee applies for each horse in excess of two.
- Water is available for horses.
- Please bring adequate feed for your animals. Limited grazing is permitted in the camping area but should not be relied on to feed horses.
- Hobbling or highlining between trees is not permitted in the camping area. Please use the corrals provided or erect portable metal panels to secure your horses. High lines are permitted between trailers. Avoid wet or low lying areas when setting up corrals or campsites. If you're staying for longer than 48 hours, relocate corral panels to avoid excessive trampling of one location.
- Manure must be cleaned from the corrals and the camping area and placed in the provided bin. Do not clean out trailers while onsite. If possible, pack manure out.
- Check our Equestrian page for more info.
Water Equestrian campers should be self-contained with your own water.
Any maps and map views are for general information only.
Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.