Seasonal Water Shut Off
- The water system at Cypress Hills Provincial Park is in the process of being shut down and all lines winterized. This will impact washroom and shower houses in Firerock, Beaver Creek and Firerock campgrounds.
- The dump station remains open, but does not have any water available.
- Flush toilets and showers are available year-round at the Lakeview shower house, located near the campground registration booth.
- Washrooms at the main beach are closed for the season.
Blue-Green Algae -
- A blue-green algae bloom has been identified at Bulls Head Reservoir in Cypress Hills Provincial Park.
- General precautions
- Avoid all contact with blue green algae blooms. If contact occurs, wash with tap water ASAP.
- Do not swim or wade in any areas where blue-green algae is visible.
- Do not allow your pets to swim or wade in these areas or to eat fish or fish trimmings from the lake.
- Consider limiting human consumption of fish from the lake.
- For detailed information, go to Alberta Health Services Blue Green Algae Advisory Information.
- Blue-green algae bloom advisories are issued and rescinded by Alberta Health Services. Typically, advisories are lifted in late autumn, when water temperatures are so cool that blue green algae growth is no longer supported.
Provincial Sources for Advisories