- Walk-in tenting campsites are accessed by walking a short distance from the nearest parking area.
- These sites are noted in the details for each campground. Examples
- Equestrian campgrounds have facilities which may include hitching rails, horse corrals and loading ramps.
- Most equestrian campgrounds are accessed by vehicle. Some are backcountry.
- Comfort camping is an easy, convenient alternative to traditional camping.
- Sundance Lodges is a privately run, commercial facility offering accommodation in trapper's tents and teepees.