10-20 cm of snow in the forecast this week, with temperatures above zero during the day and freezing at night. Cross-country ski and snowshoeing trails will likely be icy in sections. The prevalence of warm chinook winds can create extremely variable conditions. Snow-covered sections of trail, deep snow drifts, icy sections and standing water may be encountered. Traction aids are highly recommended at this time of year.
- The list below provides updates on trail status while the Live Grooming Report shows the most recent grooming and tracksetting information.
- Visit the Fat Biking Trails page or refer to the trail icons below for designated fat biking trails
- If you are unaware of which trails have avalanche risk, please call the Kananaskis Information Line at 403-678-0760.
Daily avalanche forecasts and snow plots can be found on the Avalanche Canada website.
- Advisory - Bill Milne Trail from Ribbon Creek Day Use to Highway 40
- Closure - Widowmaker trail from Canoe Meadows, at the Green Tongue river feature, upstream to Barrier Lake Visitor Information Center.
Annual Road Closures:
- Highway #40 - Peter Lougheed Provincial Park to Highwood House Junction closed from December 1 - June 14.
Village Pond and Skating Rink
There are two possible skating locations at the Kananaskis Village. The village pond is excellent for families while the skating rink often accommodates a game of shinny.