2022/23 Annual Biathlon Range Passes available online or at the Administration desk of the CNC’s Daylodge from May 1st 2022.
Biathlon Range Agreement
must be completed prior to picking up your pass.
Agreements can be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Administration desk.
Annual Range Pass can NOT be picked up if we haven’t received your range agreement.
Canmore Nordic Centre Biathlon Range
- Our biathlon range is a year-round training facility designed for both elite and recreational biathletes.
- The range features 31 firing lanes with Kurvinen electronic targets designed for .22 calibre biathlon rifles.
- Both the paved rollerski loop and biathlon competition trails flow through the range. Skiers, roller skiers and runners have access to the range, depending on the season.
- The Canmore Nordic Centre holds an IBU A Licence and continues to host Biathlon World Cups on a regular basis.
Biathlon Range Passes
* Use of the Biathlon Range is limited to participants in recognized team or club programs.
Visiting Teams and Clubs Using the Canmore Nordic Centre
If your group is interested in using the Canmore Nordic Centre Biathlon Range, please contact Biathlon Range Administration directly at email@example.com.
Please review our Biathlon Info Sheet to ensure your team has everything necessary to comply with Canmore Nordic Centre rules.
Rules & Fees
To use the Canmore Nordic Centre biathlon range, you must:
Roller Skiing Guidelines
Roller Ski Loop at Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park:
- Roller skiers have the right of way because they DO NOT have brakes. All other trail users must yield to roller skiers.
- Observe all directional signage. Do not stop on the paved surface – move to the shoulder of the trail.
- Helmet use is recommended on-site and required by Biathlon Canada and Cross Country Canada.
- Designed for sport-specific training, Canmore Nordic Centre's 6.5 kilometres of paved trail are perfect for athletes of all abilities.
- The biathlon range is open during summer months and is linked to roller ski trails. (Range lanes must be pre-booked by a Range Safety Officer)
- The roller ski loop at CNC is a multi-use trail for roller skiers, cyclists, and hikers.
Roller Skiing on Public Roadways:
- Follow the same rules as cyclists. Keep right, stay single file, and follow the rules of the road.
- You can use bicycle infrastructure when roller skiing. This includes all bicycle lanes, dedicated bicycle paths, and mixed use paths.
- When roller skiing on multi-use pathways, be courteous and friendly. Slow down around vulnerable trail users, and yield the right-of-way to pedestrians.
Buying a Biathlon Range Pass
- To purchase a biathlon day, month or annual pass in person, please visit the Daylodge information counter.
- You can also purchase an annual biathlon range pass online. (Air Rifle passes available for purchase at the Administration desk only).
- Range users must also have a valid trail pass if they are skiing. See our pass rates.
To Reserve Biathlon Range Lanes
- If your group is interested in booking lanes at the Canmore Nordic Centre Biathlon Range, please contact Biathlon Range Administration directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or call the information desk at 403-678-2400. (To be connected toll-free in Alberta, dial 310-0000 followed by the number.)
- All requests are tentative until approved by a Canmore Nordic Centre representative.
Note You must be a certified Canmore Nordic Centre Range Safety Officer to book lanes.
If you're interested in becoming a Canmore Nordic Centre certified Range Safety Officer, please contact email@example.com. We usually provide a free Range Safety Officer course in spring and fall.
Biathlon Range Schedule
Biathlon Range Schedule
- Generally the Canmore Nordic Centre has two public wax rooms open during winter day use hours. These wax rooms may not be available during events.
- Private wax rooms are available to rent. To rent a wax room please complete the online booking form. All wax room bookings are tentative until approved by the Canmore Nordic Centre's Recreation Facilities Coordinator.
Ruedi Setz Memorial Range
- Canmore Nordic Centre manages use of the Ruedi Setz Memorial Range, located at Mt. Shark in Spray Valley Provincial Park.
- Use of the Ruedi Setz Memorial Range requires supervision of an approved Canmore Nordic Centre certified Range Safety Officer.
- The range features 21 firing lanes with mechanical targets.
- In winter, a groomed ski trail runs right to the firing line. In summer, runners can use the range.
- For information on booking the Ruedi Setz Memorial Range, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Biathlon Alberta for more information on the sport of biathlon.
Forms & Information Sheets