Construction Advisory -
Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park - Proximity to the Canmore Water Treatment Facility Plant
- Effective Date: Thursday, May 17 until further notice
- Where: West of HWY 1A in proximity to the Canmore Water Treatment Facility Plant. Industrial activities will take place on the North West edge of a portion of the Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park and the Bow River. See the map for more info.
- Why: ATCO Pipelines will be conducting industrial activities on public lands in close proximity to a portion of the Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park in order to remove a damaged pipe from the 2013 floods. Caution should be exercised within this area, particularly around heavy equipment. Please obey all posted signage in the area.
Grassi Lakes Climbing Routes
- Effective Date: April 21, 2018 until further notice
- Where: Left side of the Graceland rock climbing area due to an owl nesting site near the following climbing routes on Grassi Lakes:
- You Ain’t Nothing But a Hang Dog
- It’s Now or Never
- Why: To minimize disturbances to an owl nesting site.
Annual Wildlife Corridor at the CNC
- Effective Date: Thursday, December 1, 2017
- Where: Powerline, Backdoor, Killer Bees, Ziggy’s, Oven, Nector Noodle, The Albertan, Alpine Meadows trails
- Why: Annual Wildlife Corridor at the CNC from December 1, 2017 to June 15, 2018
Provincial Sources for Advisories