- Interpretive programs for visitors are offered in July and August. See the events listing below.
- Programs include guided hikes, art programs and amphitheatre presentations. Learn about wildflowers, medicinal plants, edible mushrooms, local wildlife, wildlife safety, history and much more.
- For details, stop by the Visitor Centre or phone 780-865-5600.
Family Adventure Packs
- Pick up a family fun adventure pack at the Visitor Centre.
- There are six different packs of activities (including equipment) to help you discover and explore the park.
- These are free to borrow (monetary donations welcomed).
Interpretive Trails & Wildlife Watching
Annual Special Events
Every year, Switzer Park participates in a number of special events.
- Parks Day is the third Saturday in July here and at other parks across Canada.
- In February, the Town of Hinton hosts the Winter Magic Festival. Check the updated schedule for activities held in Switzer Park during this festival.
Environmental Education Programs
- Larger groups or schools may want to book an environmental education program.
- These programs run during the school year. They're tied to school curriculum and provide hands-on explorations of the natural world.
No upcoming events at this time.