Bear Closure -
February 19, 2019
- Effective Date: February 19, 2019 until further notice
- Where: Sarrail Creek drainage below Mount Foch. This closure does not affect the Rawson Lake area.
- Why: Grizzly bear denning in the area disturbed by human presence.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Kananaskis Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.
Map of Affected Area