Snow depths in this area vary. Updated technical weather and precipitation data is published by Alberta Environment. Note that on the tables and graphs at the previous link, 1 mm of water is equivalent to 1 cm of powder snow in cool conditions.
Daily avalanche forecasts can be found on the Avalanche Canada website.
- Powderface Road: Closed from December 1 to May 14, 2019.
- Highway 66 - Closed from December 1 until May 14, 2019, west of Elbow Falls Day Use
- Sibbald Snow Vehicle PLUZ is open annually for snowmobile traffic from January 1 - March 31.
- Powderface Trail (Road) is open for snowmobile traffic from December 1 - April 30.
- Big Elbow/Little Elbow Loop is open for snowmobile traffic from January 1 - March 31
- This report is updated periodically as changing conditions warrant. We appreciate user information on this area and if you would like to provide details for this report, please "Contact Our Team."