Snow depths in this area vary. Updated technical weather and precipitation data is published by Alberta Environment. Note that on tables and graphs at this link, 1 mm of water is equivalent to 1 cm of powder snow in cool conditions.
Daily avalanche forecasts can be found on the Avalanche Canada website.
- Highway #66 - Closed December 1 to May 14 west of Elbow Falls Day Use.
- McLean Creek Trail (road) - Closed December 1 to April 30 between the south end at the McLean Creek Staging Area and north of Fisher Creek.
- McLean Creek Off-Highway Vehicle PLUZ is open for snowmobile traffic from January 1 - March 31.
- Powderface Trail (Road) is open for snowmobile traffic from December 1 - April 30.
- Big Elbow/Little Elbow Loop is open for snowmobile traffic from January 1 - March 31
- OHV use is restricted to off-highway vehicles not exceeding 450 kg with 3 or more flotation tires from December 1 - April 30. This restriction does not apply to snow vehicles.
- This report is updated periodically as changing conditions warrant. We appreciate user information on this area and if you would like to provide details for this report, please "Contact Our Team".