A Kananaskis Conservation Pass is required to park your vehicle in Kananaskis and the Bow Valley.
- The trails in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park offer a variety of hiking experiences ranging from barrier-free trails to high alpine backcounty adventures. Some trails also provide access to Banff National Park and Elk Lakes Provincial Park in British Columbia.
- Bicyclists can enjoy more than 12 kilometres of paved trails. Mountain bikers will find a number of challenging trails open for their use.
- Elbow Lake Trail provides access to trails in Elbow and Sheep valleys. It is the only trail in the park that is open to equestrian users.
- Anglers can choose from hiking into a high alpine lake or fishing from the shores of the Kananaskis lakes.
- In winter, cross-country ski on more than 85 kilometres of groomed trails in the Kananaskis Lakes area. Or try the 30 kilometres of the Smith-Dorrien Trails System.