Bear Warning -
Bear bluff charge, Troll Falls area
June 12, 2021
- Effective Date: June 12, 2021 until further notice.
- Where: Troll Falls and Hay Meadows Trails and surrounding area.
- Why: Bear warning due to a defensive encounter between a black bear and hikers likely instigated by the dog accompanying the group. The bear showed signs of stress and bluff charged the group.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Kananaskis Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.