Bear Warning -
June 9, 2019
- Effective Date: June 9, 2019 until further notice
- Where: Kananaskis Village hotels and staff housing areas including the Village Rim trail, baseball diamond, and nearby circulation trails.
- Why: Multiple Black Bears with cubs frequenting the area
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Kananaskis Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.