Bear Closure -
Highline Trail & Surrounding Area
July 17, 2019
- Effective Date: July 17, 2019 until further notice
- Where: Highline Trail, Riders of Rohan, East and West Connector Trails, and all access trails between Three Sisters Blvd and Peaks Drive and all land south and west of Three Sisters Parkway, including land within the Town of Canmore
- Why: Grizzly bear sow with cubs
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Kananaskis Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.
Map of Affected Area