Front Country Camping
There are more than 250 front country campgrounds that offer a range of facilities from basic campsites, to full hookups, in walk-in tenting, group campsites, individual campsites and comfort camping.
- Accommodates one camping accommodation unit per campsite.
- An additional full camping fee may be charged for a second unit.
- Walk-in tenting campsites are accessible by foot; they are located a short distance from the nearest parking area.
- These sites are noted in the details for each campground.
- Equestrian campgrounds are equipped with such facilities as hitching rails, horse corrals and loading ramps.
- Most equestrian campgrounds are auto-accessible but a few are located in the backcountry.
Fall, Winter and Spring Camping
Backcountry campgrounds are accessible by foot, horseback or mountain bike and are normally located a considerable distance from the nearest parking area. Check our backcountry safety information.
- Are accessed by hiking, biking, paddling or riding horseback for more than one kilometre from the nearest parking area.
- A designated backcountry campground in Kananaskis Country can be booked online.