Payne Lake Campground
VCL Facility Contractors
Directions to Campground
This scenic lakeside campground is in Payne Lake Provincial Recreation Area, 25 km west of Cardston on Hwy. 5 (18 km east of Waterton Lakes National Park on Hwy. 5). Choose from scenic lakeview sites or the shade and privacy of natural mixed forest. Fish for trout, hike, sail, windsurf, canoe, or go power boating on the lake.
- Updated: August 13, 2018
- The ban prohibits ALL open fires, including campfires and charcoal briquettes.
- Portable propane fire pits and gas or propane stoves and barbeques designed for cooking or heating are allowed.
- more information
||Rate / night
Water - Pump
- Services are not available during the winter season.
- Campground is not plowed in the winter and access is dependent on weather conditions.
Firewood Firewood concession during peak season only; firewood is not available during winter months.
- You are expected to bring your own water.
- Government of Alberta regulations require that water from pumps/taps like the one located here NOT be used for drinking, cooking or washing (including brushing teeth and washing dishes).
- Water from the pump/tap onsite can only be used for purposes like putting out a campfire.
Any maps and map views are for general information only.
Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.