May 6 - Oct 15
Directions to Day Use
- Updated: August 13, 2018
- The ban prohibits ALL open fires, including campfires and charcoal briquettes.
- Portable propane fire pits and gas or propane stoves and barbeques designed for cooking or heating are allowed.
- more information
- Island View Day Use is in Oldman Dam Provincial Recreation Area, 10 km northwest of Pincher Creek on Hwy. 3 and 9 km northeast on Hwy. 510. A boat launch and pier make it a good choice for visitors wanting easy access to the water. This is a popular spot for all kinds of water sports. Constant breezes make it an ideal place for sailing and wind surfing.
- Reservoir levels can change throughout the year. To ensure the boat launch is useable, please check the reservoir level through the Alberta River Basins report.
- You are expected to bring your own water. Government of Alberta regulations require that water from pumps/taps like the one located here NOT be used for drinking, cooking or washing (including brushing teeth and washing dishes). Water from the pump/tap onsite can only be used for purposes like putting out a campfire.