Bear Warning -
Bears in Area
September 6, 2019
- Effective: September 6, 2019, until further notice
- Where: Beauvais Lake Provincial Park, Scott's Point, trails, and day use areas
- Why: The chances of a bear encounter are higher than normal throughout Scott's Point, the day use areas and trails due to the abundance of berries in the area.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the South Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety review the Bear Smart Brochure.