Water Advisory -
Fecal Coliforms in Miquleon Lake
- Alberta Health Services has issued a water advisory for Miquelon Lake due to the presence of a heightened level of fecal coliforms.
- Public is advised not to swim or wade in the lake.
- For detailed information, go to Alberta Health Services Water Quality Advisory
Miquelon Lake not suitable for swimming
- Through natural processes, the lake at Miquelon Lake Provincial Park has reached a point where swimming is not a favourable activity. This is due to large amount of vegetation, algae (not blue-green algae), insects and birds.
- Park visitors are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity this natural process offers to view shorebirds, aquatic vegetation and aquatic insects. You can also participate in visitor services events to learn more about this unique area.
- Check out the other summer recreation options at Miquelon Lake.
Provincial Sources for Advisories