This information refers to campgrounds that are not available for reservation on Shop.AlbertaParks.ca or by calling the Call Centre at 1-877-537-2757. Visit our Online Reservation page for information on Shop.AlbertaParks.ca campgrounds.
- Reservations for the upcoming camping season begin the first business day in May.
- Call volumes are high during the first few days of reservations so you may have difficulty getting through.
- Calls are answered as quickly as possible; however, park offices generally only have one phone line and at the start of the season, the large number of calls can result in a busy signal - please keep trying.
- Reservations generally end after the September long weekend. Campgrounds open after the September long weekend revert to first come-first served.
- Reservations can be made Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You should have the following information ready when you make a reservation:
- arrival & departure dates
- name & address
- telephone number (residence and business)
- type of equipment (tent, tent trailer, motor home)
- credit card number and expiry date
- Check-in time is 4 p.m.
- Check-out time is 2 p.m.
- The maximum stay in provincial campgrounds is 16 consecutive nights.
- A maximum of 4 campsite reservations can be made for the same date in a campground.
- Groups requiring more than 4 campsites should consider reserving a group use area.
- At any campground, only one active reservation may be held at a time. A new reservation for that campground can be made the day after the active reservation has expired (for example, if you have a reservation that ends on Sunday, July 19, you can make another reservation at that same campground on Monday, July 20).
- There is a non-refundable $12.00 reservation fee per reservation (this is in addition to camping fees).
- The $12 reservation fee plus a deposit equal to the first night's camping fee is required to confirm a reservation.
- Visa and MasterCard are the preferred methods of payment.
Refunds for Cancellations
- If a reservation is cancelled more than 48 hours before 2:00 p.m. on the scheduled arrival date, the deposit is refunded (for example, if you are scheduled to arrive on Friday, July 17 and you cancel at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 15, you will receive a full refund of your deposit).
- If a reservation is cancelled less than 48 hours before 2:00 p.m. on the scheduled arrival date, the deposit is forfeited (for example, if you are scheduled to arrive on Friday, July 17 and you cancel on Thursday, July 16, your deposit will NOT be refunded).