Fecal Water Quality -
Fecal Contamination Iosegun Lake
August 4, 2022
Please be advised that a Fecal Contamination Advisory has been issued for Iosegun Lake Provincial Recreation Area, near Fox Creek (Alberta Health Services North Zone).
For more details, please visit the Alberta Health Services (AHS) website where the official advisory has been posted.
For answers to general health-related questions, the public can be directed to contact Health Link Alberta (by dialing 811) or the general AHS Environmental Public Health phone number at: 1-833-476-4743
- Due to elevated levels of fecal bacteria currently present in the water, AHS is advising the public not to swim or wade at this beach area, effective immediately.
- Elevated levels of fecal bacteria were detected via testing of the lake water at this beach location.
- At current levels, gastrointestinal illness may result from ingestion of the water. As well, there is the possibility of skin, ear, and eye infections with water contact.
- As always, visitors and residents are reminded to never drink or cook with untreated water directly from any lake or reservoir, at any time. Water-borne organisms, including fecal bacteria, can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
- AHS Environmental Public Health officers will continue to monitor the water