Eastern Slopes Major Wind Event
December 1, 2021
- Effective Date: December 1, 2021 until further notice
- Where: Along the east slopes of the Rockies from the Trans Canada Highway south to the Sheep River
- Why: A major windstorm brought down thousands of trees causing wide spread damage to trails and day use areas. Tree removal and clearing of debris is on-going and will continue in the months ahead. Please expect some inconveniences while work continues to clean up and repair any damages.
- Please respect area, trail or site closures and obey posted signage.
- Be aware of your surroundings and use caution in this area.
- Avoid recreating in areas with downed, damaged, dead, or hanging trees.
- Avoid heavily treed areas during high winds.