Why: Active coyote den within area. Coyote adults and pups are seen in the area. Keep animals on leash at all times. If coyotes are seen, know your surroundings and move out of the area the same way you came.
Although a warning is in place for this area, coyotes can be encountered anywhere in Kananaskis PLUZ and at any time. Minimize your chance of surprising a coyote by:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in a tight group. Keep children close.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Leave the area if you see or smell a carcass.
- Keep your pet on a leash at all times.
- Do not feed coyotes or other wildlife under any circumstances.
- Carry bear spray and use it, if necessary, on coyotes. Ensure it is easily accessible and you know how to use it.
Please report coyote sightings immediately to 403-591-7755