A female black bear has been spotted in the area with cub. Please take extra precautions when visiting or camping the park.
- carry bear spray when hiking and make noise on trails
- put all garbage inside the bear proof garbage cans and ensure lid is closed
- keep a clean campsite at all times, with any scented items (food, personal hygiene products) inside a hard sided vehicle or trailer
- never come between a mother bear and her cubs - always give them lots of space
- keep pets on leash at ALL times
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Central Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear: