Fire Bans & Restrictions in Alberta Parks
- ALL open fires, including campfires and charcoal briquettes
- Portable propane fire pits and gas or propane stoves and barbeques designed for cooking or heating
- Wood, briquette and propane/natural gas fires OUTSIDE designated fire pits
- Turkey fryers and Tiki torches
- Wood, briquette and propane/natural gas fires CONTAINED WITHIN designated fire pits
or UL standards
- Portable propane fire pits when placed within designated fire pits
- Liquid or gas fueled lanterns (enclosed flame)
- Liquid or gas fueled stoves and BBQs designed for cooking
- Patio heaters (propane, catalytic or infrared/radiant) if deemed safe by a Conservation Officer
The fire bans and restrictions on this map are for provincial parks.
- A fire ban is imposed for an extreme fire hazard.
- A fire restriction is imposed for a high fire hazard.
For firebans outside of Alberta Parks, check AlbertaFireBans.ca.