School programs in Alberta Parks serve multiple purposes and meet objectives for Alberta Parks and schools alike. Formal education programs assist teachers meet the demands of curriculum in engaging and dynamic ways. Through resources and services developed by formal education staff, teachers are given the opportunity to:
- discover how to utilize Alberta Park’s as authentic learning landscapes
- develop strategies and pedagogies to better engage students in their curriculum
- partner with Alberta Parks formal education staff to support them in teaching curriculum and in learning how to teach in a natural setting.
Field Programs in Parks
- Our enthusiastic environmental educators deliver interesting programs in parks.
- Please check with the Park you plan to visit ahead of time for any permitting requirements, closures or restrictions that could impact your trip.
Parks in the Classroom
Bring Alberta's parks to your school and bring science and social studies curricula alive. Parks in the Classroom offers high-energy musical theate for the whole school plus more intimate, in-depth classroom sessions.
Videoconferencing is a way to bring parks to your students if you can't bring your students to a park. We offer several videoconference opportunities from sites across the province.
- We also have resources that teachers and students can use to support learning about Alberta's parks.