Bear Closure - Bill Benson Trail
- Effective Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 until further notice
- Where: Bill Benson Trail below William Watson Lodge
- Why: Bear activity in the area.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in Kananaskis Country at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray (video).
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.
Construction Closure - Canyon Interpretive Trail
Due to construction at the Pocaterra Dam on the north end of Lower Kananaskis Lake, the Canyon Interpretive Trail is closed until further notice.
Construction Advisory - William Watson Lodge Cabins
There will be cabin construction taking place at William Watson Lodge from April 10th October 31st. Cabins C and D will remain out of commission until the end of October.