- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park in the South Region of the Alberta Parks system is looking for a Maintenance Service Worker for the 2022 summer season. The unique landscape of the area contrasts the surrounding prairie landscapes, making it an exciting destination for campers and day users alike.
- Maintenance Service Workers contribute to a positive visitor experience by maintaining park grounds and facilities, including both day use areas and campgrounds, while respectfully interacting with park visitors.
||Maintenance Service Workers
Maintenance Service Workers Maintenance Service Worker 1
||Cypress Hills Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$19.60 - $23.57
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 25, 2022
- Safe operation and maintenance of equipment and machinery including lawn mowers, weed whackers, skid steers, hand tools and some heavy equipment
- Maintenance of park grounds and facilities, including mowing, trimming and campsite upkeep
- Interacting with the public in a professional manner and maintaining visitor experience
- Using good judgment and having the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Recent defensive driving course (within three years)
- Driver’s Abstract with less than 8 demerits (less than 4 for GDL) will be required prior to commencement
- Must be physically fit as this is a physically demanding position
- Experience with operating and maintaining equipment, landscaping, and/or turf management is considered an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C + AED is an asset
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) practices and procedures
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: anticipates, assesses, and readily adapts to changing priorities, manages resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively works in a changing environment.
- Build Collaborative Environments: leads and contributes to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: assesses options and implications in new ways in order to achieve outcomes and solutions
- Drive for Results: holds self and others responsible for achieving results and agreed upon targets while maximizing resources
Terms of Employment
- Hours of Work: Shifts are 8 hours/day, up to 40 hours/week. Some weekend and holiday work may be required.
- This position is seasonal and set to start in May with various end dates. Some positions will end on or about September 5th or may be extended into October.
- Rental accommodations may be available onsite.
- Training will be provided to successful candidates
- The Government of Alberta is implementing a proof of COVID 19 vaccination policy for all Alberta Public Service employees, to improve the health and safety of Alberta Public Service employees and Albertans we serve.
- Any candidates in the process for applying for employment with the Government of Alberta, must be able to comply with one of the following:
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccination;
- If you are a successful candidate and have not provided proof of COVID 19 vaccination, you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis starting on December 14, 2021. These tests will be paid for by the employee;
- Candidates and employees who are unable to get vaccinated based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act may request approval for an exemption and accommodation.
- This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Samantha Kith at Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.
How to Apply
Cypress Hills Provincial Park
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.