If you enjoy working outdoors and are committed to customer service, come join our Maintenance Service Team. Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park is seeking motivated, well-organized individuals with a strong attention to detail for caretaking positions.
||Maintenance Service Worker (2 positions)
Maintenance Service Worker 1
(40 hours/week hours/week)
||Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$19.40 - $23.33/hour
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 27, 2020
- Day-to-day grounds maintenance; inclusive of mowing, trimming, fertilizing, tree trimming, trail maintenance, camp site upkeep and road maintenance
- Maintenance and inspections of all park buildings, facilities, fleet vehicles and equipment; inclusive of signs, campsites and amenities
- Delivery and stocking of firewood
- Collection and disposal of garbage & recycling
- Holding tank monitoring and extraction support
- Responsible for the cleaning, upkeep and inspection of work spaces
- Occupational Health & Safety awareness and compliance
- Support the broader park team to provide a high-level of visitor services
- Some high school education
- Experience using Microsoft Windows, Email and Internet
- WHIMIS 2015’ Certificate
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR-Level C Certificate
- Valid Class 5 license; unrestricted or GDL
- 5-year Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission; with no more than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL)
- Defensive driving course required prior to commencement
- Off-highway vehicle, skid steer and small equipment experience an asset
- Ability to carry out physically demanding tasks and in extreme heat conditions
- Strong work ethic and professional attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Equivalencies will be considered
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: Sees the need and readily steps into co-workers tasks to help out when needed
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Breaks straightforward problems down into manageable components to identify what needs to be done
- Drive for Results: To hold self and others responsible for achieving results and agreed upon targets while maximizing resources
Terms of Employment
- Term of Employment: From May 15, ending on or before September 15, depending on budget availability and operational needs
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
How to Apply
- Please email a resume, cover letter and driver’s abstract to:
- Shelly Law, Maintenance & Caretaking Supervisor
- Provincial Park
- (email below)
- Resumes received will be used to fill future vacancies. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
- For more info:
Maintenance & Caretaking Supervisor
Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.