Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park is seeking an energetic and organized individual with great people skills to fill prospective seasonal Lead Information Officer position. The Lead Information Officer leads a team of Information Officers in providing excellent customer service to visitors.
||Lead Information Officer (1 position)
Administrative Support 3
||Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$21.19 - $25.79
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 21, 2020
- Leading a team of seasonal Information Officers in providing excellent customers service to visitors
- Working collaboratively with the Visitor Services lead-team in the development and planning of streamlines services for the public
- Overseeing Camp Store operations and stocking of retail facilities
- Becoming fluent in till operations to help troubleshoot issues and train seasonal staff
- Welcoming visitors and providing information about Writing-on-Stone/Áísínai'pi as well as travel counselling regarding local, regional and provincial attractions
- Operating a till, handling cash, processing debit/credit card transactions
- Promoting and selling interpretive program tickets and merchandise to visitors
- Light cleaning and maintenance of displays and shops
- Special event planning, preparation and delivery
- Some food service responsibilities and stock runs
- Reservation and registration duties utilizing the Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca system
- Supporting the broader park team to provide a high-level of customer service to guests
- High School Diploma is required; plus 1 year of related experience
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Experience in a busy customer service environment; tourism experience an asset
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- WHIMIS 2015 Certificate
- Valid Class 5 drivers license (Class 4 an asset); unrestricted or GDL.
- 5-year Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission; with no more than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL)
- A defensive driving course required prior to commencement
- Knowledge of park facilities & services; natural & cultural history knowledge an asset
- Food Safety certification is an asset
- Indigenous or local community background, history and/or knowledge a strong asset
- A Criminal Record Check will be required for the successful candidate
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Equivalencies will be considered
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: to understand the need to incorporate change into work and be open to new ideas while accepting change as part of how work processes need to evolve in order to be effective
- Build Collaborative Environments: to lead and contribute to the conditions and environment that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: to asses options and implications in new ways in order to achieve outcomes and solutions
- Term of Employment:
- From April 1 ending on or before November 15, depending on budget availability and operational needs.
How to Apply
- Please email a resume and cover letter and driver’s abstract to:
- Suzanne Lodermeier, Visitor Services Coordinator (email below).
- Resumes received will be used to fill future vacancies. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
- For more info:
Visitor Services Coordinator
Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.