- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park in the South Region of the Alberta Parks system is looking for front-line Information Officers for the 2022 summer season. The unique landscape of the area contrasts the surrounding prairie landscapes, making it an exciting destination for campers and day users alike.
We are looking to hire for multiple positions with Cypress Hills Provincial Park. If you are looking for a unique summer experience and dedicated to providing excellent customer service with some administrative tasks, apply with us today.
||Information Officers - Cypress Hills Provincial Park
Administrative Support Administrative Support 2
/ Administrative Support 2
||Cypress Hills Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 25, 2022
- Information Officers provide strong customer service to visitors and campers. They provide clean, clear communication for local wayfinding and travel information. Successful candidates possess strong computer skills to operate point of sale and camping reservation systems and update local signage around the park.
- Information Officers duties include, but are not limited to, the day-to-day operations of facilities that include the Visitor Centre and Campground Booth. Daily tasks include opening and closing procedures, till close-outs and reception duties. Information Officers provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all visitors in-person, over the phone or online. They are also responsible for registering campers, recording reservations and performing campground compliance checks.
- Successful candidates have strong time management skills, attention to detail and work well under pressure. Ideal candidates also possess strong conflict resolution skills to manage customer complaints and facilitate feedback.
- Knowledge of natural and cultural history, particularly indigenous culture and/or archaeology, is considered a strong asset for these positions – please indicate your experience and/or training in your resume.
- High School Diploma with preference for some post-secondary education
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Recent defensive driving course (within three years)
- Driver’s abstract with less than 8 demerits (less than 4 for GDL)
- WHMIS 2015 Certification
- May also be required: Standard First Aid and CPR level C + AED
- Final candidates require a Criminal Record Check
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on providing clear and accurate information for park visitors
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with the public and be able to write, edit, and evaluate materials for public audiences.
- Knowledge and experience with retail operations including use of computerized point of sale systems to complete cash, debit and credit transactions
- Exceptional knowledge of and experience in computer use and a variety of computer software (including but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher) required.
- Knowledge in the operation of varied A/V equipment
- Knowledge of Cypress Hills Provincial Park and surrounding tourism services and attractions
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: Ability to anticipate, assess, and readily adapt to changing priorities, maintain resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively work in a changing environment.
- Build Collaborative Environments: Leads and contributes to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Breaks straightforward problems down into manageable components to identify what needs to be done.
- Drive for Results: Knowing what outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability to each other and external stakeholders.
Terms of Employment
- Shifts are 8 hours/day, up to 40 hours/week.
- These are seasonal positions with start dates between April and May and end dates between September and October 2022 with contract term dates to be determined for successful candidates.
- Evenings, weekend and holiday hours are required
- There is no public transportation to this site. You must have your own reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- Cypress Hills Provincial Park is located approximately 45 minutes from Medicine Hat. There may be on-site rental accommodations based on availability.
- The Government of Alberta is implementing a proof of COVID 19 vaccination policy for all Alberta Public Service employees, to improve the health and safety of Alberta Public Service employees and Albertans we serve.
- Any candidates in the process for applying for employment with the Government of Alberta, must be able to comply with one of the following:
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccination;
If you are a successful candidate and have not provided proof of COVID 19 vaccination, you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis. These tests will be paid for by the employee;
Candidates and employees who are unable to get vaccinated based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act may request approval for an exemption and accommodation.
- Please be advised if you are the successful candidate, at the time of offer you will be required to show proof of vaccination with your QR code or indicate you will be conducting the PCR or rapid testing.
- This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of
Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
- If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Samantha Kith at Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.
How to Apply
Cypress Hills Provincial Park
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.