Cypress Hills - Alberta Parks is seeking an energetic and organized individual with great people skills to provide administrative support for Cypress Hills Provincial Park. Based in Elkwater, located about 45 minutes southeast of Medicine Hat.
||South - Area Office Coordinator (1 position)
Administrative Support 5
||Cypress HIlls Provincial Park
|Rate of Pay:
$25.42 - $31.12
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||February 25, 2020
- Forecast, track and report Area budget expenditures
- Reconcile revenue / count cash
- Manage accounts payable
- Review PCard and Exclaim submissions
- Review and approve timesheets
- Administer personnel files
- Inventory and records management
- General office operation and administration
- Provide general and specific training and orientation to all staff on administrative, financial and personnel procedures
- IT Service Coordination
- Public Relations and Reception
- Many other duties needed to provide front line administration of Area programs
- High school diploma and three years of related experience
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of office administrative systems and procedures, as well as government financial and human resources policies and procedures
- Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office, IMAGIS, EPS, and ARI
- Knowledge of FOIP
- Experience with government revenue reconciliation
- 5-year Driver’s Abstract issued within 30 days of your application submission - with no than 8 demerits (4 demerits for a GDL)
- Equivalencies will be considered
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: remains calm and composed even in difficult or stressful situations. Is able to see the positive side to a difficult situation. Remains optimistic and perseveres in finding solutions.
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: explores different methods in how we complete our work, with a goal to achieving more efficient and effective out comes
- Drive for Results: identifies ways to exceed performance expectations. This may involve identifying potential efficiencies, different ways of working, or opportunities to contribute to the work of others.
- Systems Thinking: considers the inter-relationships among different aspects of an approach including how they relate to other program areas.
How to Apply
- Please email a resume and cover letter, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to:
- Janine Melvin, Regional Controller, Alberta Parks—South Region
- Resumes received may be used to fill future vacancies. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medicine Hat, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.