Designated Camping Areas 1 to 9 Campground
Directions to Campground
Designated Camping Areas in Castle Provincial Park
- Designated Camping Areas 1-9 along the specified road corridors in Castle Provincial Park continue to be available for campers in 2018.
- These camping areas are available to campers for free on a first-come, first-served basis. Permits (no charge) are required.
- All permits in Designated Camping Areas 1-9 must be deposited at a self-registration kiosk. Each camping unit must display a valid permit tag.
- Campsites can be registered for up to 16 consecutive nights. Checkout time is 2:00 pm
Permit conditions for Camping Areas 1-9
- Camping must be within areas as identified on maps and signs.
- Camping units must be positioned at least 15 metres away from the traveled portion of a maintained roadway, but not more than 200 meters from the roadway unless otherwise posted on-site.
- Only valid permit holders may drive off of the highway to access their registered campsite.
- Clearing of rocks and vegetation is not permitted. This includes trees, branches, bushes and fallen logs.
- Sensitive areas may be specifically excluded, as marked, within the Designated Camping Areas.
- Campsites should be at least 30 metres away from moving water, wetland or standing water body.
- All campfires must be fully contained in designated fire pits and must not be left unattended.
- All food and garbage must be stored in bear-proof containers or vehicles.
- Sewage dump stations are located in the Town of Pincher Creek and the Crowsnest Pass.
- Off road vehicles (OHVs) are only permitted on signed and designated trails.
- A conservation officer may cancel the permit under Sec 42 of the Parks Act by providing notice, of the cancellation, to the permit holder.
Please follow all Alberta Parks Regulations while enjoying Castle Provincial Park.
- Designated Camping Areas 1 & 2
May 1 - Oct 8
(First Come First Served)
||Rate / night
Any maps and map views are for general information only.
Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.