Bear Warning -
Black bear sightings throughout the park
May 15, 2019
- Black bears have been sighted throughout Young’s Point Provincial Park.
- Sow and 2 cubs, sow with 1 cub and a few boars have been sighted
- Bears have not been aggressive but caution is needed when in these areas. There are multiple sightings a day of the sow and cubs.
- Keep campsites clean.
- Store all food and other scented products (eg. toothpaste, gasoline) in vehicles when not at the campsite.
- Do not leave pet food out when campsite is unoccupied.
- Supervise young children at all times.
- Keep pets on leash or leave them at home. Loose dogs can attract and irritate bears.
For more information on bear safety, please refer to our Bear Smart brochure.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Northwest Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety review the Bear Smart Brochure.