Bear Warning -
Black bear sightings throughout campgrounds
- Black bears have been sighted throughout Young’s Point Provincial Park.
- Sow and 2 cubs around Big Horn Loop and trails.
- Two single adult black bears seen throughout loops A, B and C and associated trails and Big Horn loop.
- Bears have not been aggressive but caution is needed when in these areas. There are multiple sightings a day of the sow and cubs.
- Keep campsites clean.
- Store all food and other scented products (eg. toothpaste, gasoline) in vehicles when not at the campsite.
- Do not leave pet food out when campsite is unoccupied.
- Supervise young children at all times.
- Keep pets on leash or leave them at home. Loose dogs can attract and irritate bears.
For more information on bear safety, please refer to our Bear Smart brochure.
To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.