Bear Warning -
Bear In Area Warning
June 5, 2018
A grizzly bear has repeatedly been seen along the roadway and in the vicinity of both lakes.
Please use caution when camping and walking the trails in and around the park.
- Keep campsites clean.
- Store all food and other scented products (eg. toothpaste, gasoline) in vehicles when not at the campsite.
- Do not leave pet food out when campsite is unoccupied.
- Supervise young children at all times.
- Keep pets on leash or leave them at home. Loose dogs can attract and irritate bears.
For more information on bear safety, please refer to our Bear Smart brochure.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Northwest Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.