Road Warning -
Seibert Lake Trail Condition Update
- Seibert Lake Trail (road) is passable for vehicles, as well as vehicles towing trailers and boats. Trail is still rough, and slow travel is advised. Please travel with caution.
Illegal access trail to Spencer Lake across Cold Lake Air Weapons Range
- To deter illegal access, the trail from the northeast corner of Seibert Lake in Lakeland Provincial Recreation Area (NW 34-66-09-W4) to the southeast corner of Spencer Lake (SW 2-067-09-W4) is being closed.
- The Department of National Defense considers using this trail as an act of trespassing on the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range.
- This trail is being closed as of Friday, February 24, 2017, with a fence being erected across the trail on the Air Weapons Range boundary by the Department of National Defense.
- ATV/snowmobile access to Spencer Lake is still permitted down the north/south running Air Weapons Range boundary line from Seibert Lake to Spencer Lake, and from Touchwood Lake to Spencer Lake on the Spencer Lake Trail.
Provincial Sources for Advisories