Bear Warning -
Gregoire Lake PP
June 24, 2019
- Multiple black bears have been seen throughout Gregoire Lake Provincial Park
- Supervise young children at all times and keep your pets on leash.
- It is crucial that campsites are kept clean and that all items that might attract a bear are stored properly
- For more information about bear safety refer to our Bear Smart brochure.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in the Northeast Region at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray.
- Learn more about bear safety review the Bear Smart Brochure.