Bear Closure -
- Effective Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017 until further notice
- Where: Valleyview Trail
- Why: Permanent Bear Closure
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in Kananaskis Country at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray (video).
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.
There is a bear closure in place for Valleyview Trail from the gate south of Elpoca Day Use to the gate North of Little Highwood Pass Parking lot. The closure also includes all access to this area from Highway 40.