Bear Warning -
Elbow Valley, Moose Mountain and West Bragg Creek Trail Networks
- Effective Date: Sunday, August 13, until further notice
- Where: All Elbow Valley Trail network, Moose Mountain Trail Network and West Bragg Creek Trail network
- Why: Numerous bear sightings due to bumper buffalo berry crop
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in Kananaskis Country at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray (video).
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.