If you enjoy working outside and are committed to customer service, come join our Maintenance Service Team. Carson-Pegasus Provincial Park, Pierre Grey's Lakes Provincial Park, and William A. Switzer Provincial Park are looking for highly motivated, well-organized, responsible maintenance support personnel for the operating season. These individuals will be part of a team accountable for providing maintenance and operational duties supporting the day-to-day facility operation of Provincial Park day use areas, trails, and campgrounds.
||Park Maintenance Worker
Maintenance Service Worker 1
(40 hours/week hours/week)
||Grande Cache, Hinton, Whitecourt
|Rate of Pay:
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||April 18, 2022
As part of the maintenance team, you strive to maintain and provide Alberta Parks’ high standards to ensure quality customer service and safety is provided at all times.
Specific responsibilities for a Maintenance Service Worker include:
- Performing routine custodial and cleaning duties of park facilities
- Lawn maintenance and minor repairs of facilities
- Performing routine and preventative maintenance on infrastructure, vehicles and equipment
- Completing trail and signage projects
- Reporting all maintenance concerns accordingly
- Being familiar with and practicing all pertinent occupational health & safety (OH&S) policies, procedures and protocols
- Completing administrative tasks such as timesheets, expense claims, commencement and termination paperwork, and online course
- Good working knowledge in the operation, maintenance and safety of small equipment, hand tools and power tools
- Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines
- Ability to follow OH&S procedures and protocols
- Capable of performing demanding physical tasks
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Recognized current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Experience or a background in cleaning
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) training
- Carpentry, plumbing and/or electrical experience
- Computer skills
- Chainsaw certification
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans.
We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for
this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Agility: Staff must be agile in order to anticipate and quickly adapt to changing priorities and situations to effectively meet diverse visitor needs.
- Build Collaborative Environments: This position is one component of a larger work environment that includes other program areas therefore, it's important to understand how this position contributes to achieving broader Alberta Environment & Parks goals.
- Creative Problem Solving and Judgement: Occasionally, challenges arise and staff must assess options, understand implications and determine appropriate actions to achieve the necessary solutions.
- Systems Thinking: This position is one component of a larger work environment that includes other program areas therefore its important to understand how this positions contributes to achieving broader Alberta Environment & Parks goals.
Terms of Employment
- Various start dates beginning in May, with end dates in September (or later), depending on operational requirements.
- Final Candidates may be required to provide a driver's abstract (will be reimbursed).
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- This position requires working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Maintenance Service Worker 1: Approximately $19.60–$23.57 per hour (plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits)
- These positions are physically demanding.
- Those selected for an interview must bring three work related references to the interview.
- Shared rental accommodation may be available.
- This posting may be used to fill future vacancies.
How to Apply
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.