Rules for Individual Online Campsite Reservations
- Reservations for individual campsites can be made up to 90 days in advance of the scheduled arrival date, starting Tuesday February 19 2019 by region.
- The 90-day window for making individual campsite reservations resets at 9:00 a.m. each day. Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca shows the "currently booking to" date.
- Reservations can be made
- The maximum stay is 16 consecutive nights.
- There is a limit of 4 campsite reservations per transaction.
- There is no limit to the number of transactions.
- To make multiple reservations, you must use a single user account and a single credit card. Groups requiring more than 4 campsites should consider reserving a group camping area.
- Only one camping accommodation unit per campsite can be reserved. Call the campground direct to find out if a second unit will be permitted upon check-in. An additional full camping fee may be charged for a second unit.
- A confirmed reservation is not transferable from one person to another.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m.
- Check-out time is 2 p.m.
- No more than 6 people may occupy a campsite unless they are all members of a single family unit.
- Account holders are responsible for the actions of all camping party members and any visitors to their campsite. Please review Regulations for Alberta's Provincial Parks & Recreation Areas.
- Camping fees vary depending on facilities and services provided.
- There is a non-refundable $12 reservation fee (per campsite reservation).
- All camping fees must be prepaid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
- Discounts or vouchers cannot be processed when making a reservation. Any applicable discount is processed directly at the campground upon check in.
- Changes cannot be made to a reservation until the original departure date falls within 90 days of today's date.
- Reservations can only be changed by the account holder or a pre-authorized designate.
- There is a non-refundable $5 fee per change (name and address changes are free).
- There is no limit to the number of changes that can be made to a reservation.
- Change fees and any additional camping fees are payable when the change is made.
- If 72 hours notice is not provided, up to three nights camping fees will be forfeited, depending on how much notice is given. Any remaining camping fees will be refunded to the credit card used for the original transaction.
- To receive a full refund of your camping fees, changes to the arrival date must be made more than 72 hours before 2:00 p.m. of the originally scheduled arrival date (i.e. a change in dates provided by Tuesday, July 5 at 2:00 p.m. for an original arrival of Friday, July 8).
- Changes are only permitted within the same campground. C
- To change a reservation after arrival at a self-registration (unstaffed) campground, call the Contact Centre at 1-877-537-2757 or complete the change online using Reserve.AlbertaParks.ca
Refunds for Cancellations
- Reservations can only be cancelled by the account holder or a pre-authorized designate.
- To receive a full refund of your camping fees, cancellations must be made more than 72 hours before 2:00 p.m. of the originally scheduled arrival date (i.e. a cancellation provided by Tuesday, July 5 at 2:00 p.m. for an original arrival date of Friday, July 8).
- 1 night penalty if notice is less than 72 hours but more than 48 hours before 2:00 p.m. of the originally-scheduled arrival date.
- 2 nights penalty if notice is less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours before 2:00 p.m. of the originally-scheduled arrival date.
- 3 nights penalty if notice is less than 24 hours before 2:00 p.m. of the originally-scheduled arrival date.
- Camping fee refunds are applied to the credit card used for the original transaction.
- Camping conditions are highly variable throughout the season. The reservation fee and change fees are non-refundable except in the case of a campground closure.
- Refunds are NOT given for advisories including weather (rain, wind, snow, temperature), water quality (blue-green algae, non-potable water), air quality, wild animals, insects/pests (mosquitoes, wasps, mice, geese, etc), fire bans, liquor bans, car trouble, getting lost or evictions.
Late Arrivals/No Shows
- You must notify the Contact Centre of a late arrival.
- A late arrival is a planned arrival after 2:00 p.m. of the day following your scheduled arrival date. For example, if you're scheduled to arrive on Friday, July 17, the reservation is held until 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 18.
- If notice of a late arrival is not provided and the camper does not register by 2:00 p.m. of the day following the scheduled arrival date, the reservation is considered a "no-show and will be cancelled. The campsite will be released for resale.
- Up to four nights camping fees will be forfeited, depending on the length of your stay. Any remaining camping fees will be refunded to the credit card used for the original transaction.
Updated: Sep 26, 2018