Rules for "Phone-In Only" Group Camping Area Reservations
- Group camping reservations begin on the first business day in January for most sites. Check the specific group camping area listing to confirm the reservation start date.
- Reservations are taken on a first come-first served basis.
- Reservations may be made:
- by phoning the park office Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.;
- at the park office in person Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.; or
- in writing, either by application or letter.
- Reservations may be accepted up to 12 months in advance at some sites IF the dates being requested are within the term of a site operator's facility operating agreement
- The maximum stay is 12 consecutive nights. Your stay may include only one weekend.
- To reserve a group camping area, you must have at least five camping accommodation units in your camping party. A camping accommodation unit is a tent, tent trailer, motor home, van or truck camper.
- At any park, a group may only hold one reservation for a group camping area at a time.
- Group camping fees vary depending on facilities and services provided and the number of camping accommodation units in your group.
- Refer to our fee guidelines to find out how group camping fees are calculated.
- There is a non-refundable $12.00 reservation fee per reserved group camping area (this is in addition to camping fees).
- The reservation fee plus a deposit equal to the first night's camping fee is required to hold a group camping reservation.
- The reservation fee and deposit must be paid within 21 days of a reservation being made.
- If the reservation is made less than 21 days in advance of the scheduled arrival date, the reservation fee and deposit must be paid when the reservation is made.
Refunds for Cancellations
- If the reservation is cancelled at least 21 days in advance, the deposit of the first night's camping fee will be refunded.
- If the reservation is cancelled less than 21 days in advance, the deposit will NOT be refunded.
- The reservation fee is NOT refunded no matter how much notice is given.
- Group camping area reservations can only be changed by the account holder or a pre-authorized designate.
- There is a non-refundable $5.00 fee per change.
- There is no limit to the number of changes that can be made to a reservation (subject to availability).
- Change fees and any additional group camping fees are payable when the change is made.
- To receive a refund of group camping fees when shortening a reservation, changes must be made more than 10 days before 2 p.m. of the originally scheduled arrival date (for example, a change in date must be provided by Tuesday, July 7 at 2 p.m. for an original arrival date of Friday, July 17).
- If 10 days notice is not provided, group camping fees are forfeited unless the reservation is being extended.
- Changes are only permitted within the same park. Changing the park is considered a cancellation and the reservation fee is NOT refunded.
Special Events in Group Camping Areas
- Special events range from small local/family functions (i.e. weddings, reunions) to large provincial/national/international events (i.e. scout jamboree).
- If you are reserving a group camping area for a special event, you may require a special event permit.
- It is strongly recommended that you apply for a special event permit well in advance - you should have your event approval before committing to a reservation.
- If your special event permit application is denied and you cancel a group camping reservation within 10 days of your scheduled arrival date, your group camping fees will NOT be refunded.
- Applications for special events are accepted up to one year in advance.
- Some types of events may not be approved (i.e. events that involve a safety risk to participants/spectators or that have the potential to damage park facilities or resources). Each special event permit application is evaluated on its own merits.
- Information on applying for a special event permit
Updated: Jul 22, 2016