The Northwest Region of Alberta Parks is looking for motivated, hard working individuals to provide seasonal maintenance services in some of our provincial parks. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an outdoor setting learning a wide range of tasks.
||Maintenance Service Worker
Maintenance Service Worker 1
||Saskatoon Island, Moonshine, Young's Point and Dunvegan
|Rate of Pay:
(Plus 11.2% in lieu of benefits and holidays)
||March 23, 2020
The maintenance team looks after Park campgrounds, buildings and equipment. Daily tasks include:
- Building, bathroom, and site cleaning
- Landscape maintenance (mowing/trimming etc.)
- The use of various equipment such as tractors, lawn equipment, hand tools, and power tools
Other tasks may include:
- Small repairs
- The repair and maintenance of vehicles and small equipment
The successful candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and show initiative in taking on and completing new and challenging assignments within set deadlines.
- Some high school education is required.
- Experience with four wheel drive trucks.
- Experience in operation of lawn care equipment (e.g. trimmers, mowers, etc.), and operation of hand-held power tools is an asset.
- Experience with Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Valid first aid and WHMIS are required.
- Defensive driving and TDG certificates are an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Recognized current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Level "C" Certificate / AED
- Defensive Driving Certificate (within three years)
- Drivers Abstract
Terms of Employment
- This is a wage opportunity is anticipated from May - August 2020 (longer or shorter terms may also be available)
- Successful candidate will be expected to do physically demanding work
- Travel may be required at some locations
- Successful candidates must wear and provide CSA approved footwear.
- Final candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and a driver’s abstract.
- Shift and weekend work will be required.
- Travel is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Please email your application (resume, cover letter and any other documents
in one MS Word file or PDF) to
with the subject line "Maintenance Service Worker". Please ensure that
this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name
(Smith,Joe_Resume). Email applications are preferred.
- Online applications are preferred through https://jobs.alberta.ca/.
As only one file can be uploaded, make sure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are
submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your
last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of
Grande Prairie, Alberta
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.