Interpretive & Visitor Programs
- Interpretive programs for visitors are offered in July and August.
- Programs include guided hikes, art programs and amphitheatre presentations. Learn about wildflowers, medicinal plants, edible mushrooms, local wildlife, wildlife safety, history and much more.
- For details, stop by the Visitor Centre or phone 780-865-5600.
Family Adventure Packs
- Pick up a family fun adventure pack at the Visitor Centre.
- There are six different packs of activities (including equipment) to help you discover and explore the park.
- These are free to borrow (monetary donations welcomed).
Interpretive Trails & Wildlife Watching
Every year, Switzer Park participates in two special events.
- Parks Day is the third Saturday in July here and at other parks across Canada.
- In February, the Town of Hinton hosts the Winter Magic Festival. One of the highlights is the ice fishing derby held in Switzer Park. If you're not into ice fishing, bring your cross-country skis or borrow some of our snowshoes.
Environmental Education Programs
- Larger groups or schools may want to book an environmental education program.
- These programs run during the school year. They're tied to school curriculum and provide hands-on explorations of the natural world.