Enjoy recreational activities in William A. Switzer Provincial Park year-round
Learn about the birds, trees, wild flowers and animals in Switzer Park.
- Pick up a family fun adventure pack. There are six different packs of activities to help you discover and explore the park's natural features.
- The wildlife watching opportunities include birding and wildlife photography.
- Our interpretive trails also help you to learn more about the natural world.
- Interpretation programs and guided hikes for visitors are offered from the May long weekend to September long weekend each year.
Every year, Switzer Park participates in two special events.
- Parks Day is the third Saturday in July here and at other parks across Canada.
- In February, the Town of Hinton hosts the Winter Magic Festival. One of the highlights is the ice fishing derby held in Switzer Park. If you're not into ice fishing, bring your cross-country skis or borrow some of our snowshoes.
Enjoy fun, educational, family-oriented events in William A. Switzer Park to celebrate Parks Day.
Activities from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Pancake breakfast
- Ancient Hunting Techniques
- Voyageur canoeing
- Wildlife displays
- Mascots and Prizes
- Horse patrol
Kelley's Bathtub Day Use Area
Time: 10:00 AM