Activities & Events
Enjoy recreational activities in
William A. Switzer Provincial Park year-round
Learn about the birds, trees, wild flowers and animals in
- Pick up a family fun adventure
pack. There are six different packs of activities to
help you discover and explore the park's natural features.
- The wildlife watching opportunities
include birding and wildlife photography.
- Our interpretive trails also help you to learn more about the
programs and guided hikes for visitors are offered from the May
long weekend to September long weekend each year.
Every year, Switzer Park participates in two
- Parks Day is the third Saturday in July
here and at other parks across Canada.
- In February, the Town of Hinton hosts the Winter Magic
Festival. One of the highlights is the ice fishing derby
held in Switzer Park. If you're not into ice fishing, bring
your cross-country skis or borrow some of our snowshoes.