Blue-Green Algae - Lake McGregor
- A blue-green algae bloom has been identified in areas of Lake McGregor.
- General precautions
- Avoid all contact with blue green algae blooms. If contact occurs, wash with tap water ASAP.
- Do not swim or wade in any areas where blue-green algae is visable.
- Do not allow your pets to swim or wade in these areas or to eat fish or fish trimings from the lake.
- Consider limiting human consumption of fish from the lake.
- For detailed information, go to Alberta Health Services Blue Green Algae Advisory Information. Please refer to the specific advisory for this lake.
- Blue-green algae bloom advisories are issued and rescinded by Alberta Health Services. Typically, advisories are lifted in late autumn, when water temperatures are so cool that blue green algae growth is no longer supported.