Road Warning - Seibert Lake Trail Condition Update
- Seibert Lake Trail (road) is passable for vehicles, as well as vehicles towing trailers and boats. Trail is still rough, and slow travel is advised. Please travel with caution.
Closure - Illegal access trail to Spencer Lake across Cold Lake Air Weapons Range
- To deter illegal access, the trail from the northeast corner of Seibert Lake in Lakeland Provincial Recreation Area (NW 34-66-09-W4) to the southeast corner of Spencer Lake (SW 2-067-09-W4) is being closed.
- The Department of National Defense considers using this trail as an act of trespassing on the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range.
- This trail is being closed as of Friday, February 24, 2017, with a fence being erected across the trail on the Air Weapons Range boundary by the Department of National Defense.
- ATV/snowmobile access to Spencer Lake is still permitted down the north/south running Air Weapons Range boundary line from Seibert Lake to Spencer Lake, and from Touchwood Lake to Spencer Lake on the Spencer Lake Trail.
Provincial Sources for Advisories