Bear Closure - Northwest end of Ghost Public Land Use Zone
- Effective Date: Saturday, August 26, 2017 until further notice
- Where: Northwest end of Ghost Public Land Use Zone. Tributary Creek Basin east side of North Burnt Timber Creek within Township 029 Range Road 11 W5M
- Why: Due to human-bear conflict.
Although an advisory is in place for this area, bears can be encountered anywhere in Kananaskis Country at any time. To avoid a surprise encounter with a bear:
- Make plenty of noise and travel in groups.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look and listen for bears and their signs.
- Keep your pet on a leash.
- Carry bear spray. Make sure it’s easily accessible, and know how to use bear spray (video).
- Learn more about bear safety on our webpage or at WildSmart.
Please report all bear sightings immediately to 403-591-7755.