Hours of Operation
|June 24 - September 4, 2017
|Sunday through Thursday
||10:00 am - 7:30 pm*
|Friday & Saturday
||10:00 am - 9:00 pm*
|Sundays on Long Weekends
||10:00 am - 9:00 pm*
Note: *Times are weather-dependent.
|| Day Pass*
|| Season Pass*
|Family (up to 2 adults and children living at the same residence)
|Persons with disabilities (Aides enter for free)
*All rates are per person except Family passes. Prices include GST.
Buy Your Season Pass Online!
- Sikome accepts the Cultural Access Pass for new Canadian citizens and the Calgary Fee Assistance Card for free daily entrance. This provides all-day access to the lake, beach and picnic areas, including same-day exit and re-entry.
- Buy day passes at the Sikome north and south gates with cash, debit or credit card.
- Purchase season passes at the north gate (cash, debit or credit card).
- Season passes are also available for online purchase.
Funds collected will go back into maintenance and improvements at Sikome Aquatic Facility.
- Reopening the south side of the lake and increasing the number of Aquatic Safety Staff
- Upgrading washroom and change facilities
- Extending the swimming season to include the Labour Day weekend
- Improving accessibility to the site for persons with disabilities
Swimming Lessons & Drop-In Programs New this summer!
Buy Swimming Lessons Online!
- Check our swimming lessons for children and youth. Registration is required.
- We're also offering drop-in programs for adults and youth - FREE with paid admission. Programs start July 10 and continue until September 3. Check our events listing for full details.
- Prepare to Survive - Boat Safety (Mondays at 6:00 pm & Saturdays at 1:00 pm)
- Be Water Smart - Beach Safety (Tuesdays at 6:00 pm and
- Movin' Quick - Swiftwater Safety (Wednesdays at 6:00 pm & Saturdays at 2:30 pm)
- Leave No Trace - Intro to Outdoors (Thursdays at 6:00 pm & Sundays at 1:00 pm)
- Love Thy Nature - Wildlife Safety (Fridays at 7:00 pm & Sundays at 2:30 pm)
Know Before You Go
- Sikome Aquatic Facility is not a lifeguarded facility. Swim at your own risk. Water depth is variable.
- Children under the age of 7 must be within arm's reach of a parent or guardian at all times.
- Those who don't know how to swim and children under 7 years of age should wear a life jacket in the water.
- A limited number of life jackets are available for free use onsite through the Lifejacket Loaner Station program.
- Children ages 0-12 years must be accompanied by an adult (18+) while inside the facility.
- No unsupervised children are allowed. For group supervision, 1 adult to every 5 children is mandatory for safety.
- Only small inflatables and beach toys are allowed.
- Propane gas barbeques are allowed in grassed areas only. Charcoal briquette barbeques are NOT allowed.
- NOT ALLOWED
- No alcohol in the park
- No smoking (*There are dedicated smoking areas outside the north and south gates.)
- No glass containers (*This includes ceramic containers.)
- No charcoal briquette barbeques
- No pets
- No bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, UAVs or remote controlled cars
- No snorkeling or scuba equipment
- No hard-bottom boats, large rafts or skim boards
- No paddle boards of any kind
- No mermaid style swim fins that bind feet together
Food and Drinks
- Food truck and cart services are provided based on vendor availability. Vending machines are on site daily for your snack and drink needs.
- If you're interested in operating a food truck at Sikome this summer, please refer to Mobile Food Vendors.
Road Access & Parking
- Map of Sikome Aquatic Facility
- The Sikome Aquatic Facility can be accessed by Bow Bottom Trail S.E. or Sun Valley Boulevard S.E. off Highway 22x.
- There are two parking lots (shown on the map).
- Access to parking lots is controlled by signs to lessen congestion. Please follow directions on signs or from staff on site.
- Parking lots fill on busy days so there may be no parking spaces available. Staff and signs will guide you to turn-around and/or overflow sites.
- Please respect parking closures & safety staff.
- Change rooms and showers are available at the facility.
- There are three playgrounds located within the facility.
- Picnic tables are available within the facility.
- Bike racks are located at the parking lots. Please park bikes and scooters, and remove rollerblades, etc.
- Sikome has a beach wheelchair for loan. This enables people with reduced mobility to access the beach and water.
- The beach wheelchair is available at the main (north) entrance building.
- Contact information/ID must be provided to borrow the chair. Sikome staff will give users a brief overview on safe use of the chair.
- Children under 18 years must have parental consent to borrow the chair.
Aquatic Safety Staff
- Aquatic safety staff are on duty during the hours of operation.
- Aquatic safety staff are NOT lifeguards.
- They assist the public in first responder emergency situations.
- They provide public education.
- You are responsible for personal safety and supervision of children.
Any maps and map views are for general information only.
Do not rely on them for navigation or to determine legal boundaries.